Pheed Read: RSS ads blow away Banner ads
Findings from a very interesting study on RSS advertising by Pheedo:
- Standalone RSS ads are far more successful than inline ads
- Placing RSS ads in every other post yields the highest percentage of click throughs
- RSS content CTR varies significantly based on day of the week
- Mid-week readership of RSS feeds highest
- RSS ads are outperforming similar Web ads
[standalone RSS ads= average CTR of 7.99% versus 20% to 1.17% CTR for rich-media ads]
- Bloglines leads RSS readers in market share
I must say I'm impressed by Pheedo.
Here are the details on their research.